Effective: 25 May 2018
This notice provides information on how Guernsey Pistol Club (“GPC”) uses, stores, and protects your personal information. You will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this notice (as amended from time to time) when you sign any form of application for membership or for renewal of membership. A more detailed explanation of Guernsey’s data protection laws and GPC’s policy in complying with those laws is set out in a separate document, Guernsey Pistol Club Data Protection Policy, which you are also encouraged to read.
Overall purpose: GPC is required by law and by the terms of its insurance to collect certain information about all persons who use GPC facilities and services, including all members. GPC also collects email addresses in order to communicate with members and other people who are interested or involved in GPC’s activities.
Information gathered: The personal information that we may collect from you will depend on your type of usage of our facilities and services and may include:
- Your name and title;
- Address and email address;
- Your date and place of birth;
- Whether or not you hold a firearms certificate or police permit, in any jurisdiction;
- The name and address of your employer;
- Whether you have surrendered, or been refused the grant/renewal of a firearms certificate or police permit;
- Whether you have been refused entry into a shooting club;
- Whether you have been convicted of a criminal offence;
- Whether you suffer from a condition affecting your physical or mental health which could affect your safety or that of others when using GPC ranges;
- Results of competency evaluations and tests;
- Competition results;
- Information relating to firearms or ammunition in your possession.
How we gather your personal information: We gather information about you from your membership application forms, membership renewal forms, registers kept at GPC ranges and from your correspondence with GPC officers (directors, Secretary, Treasurer, committee members and range officers). Information may be stored electronically and in hard copy.
Legal basis for using your personal information: The collection of your personal information is necessary to allow you to use GPC ranges. We rely upon your consent where required by law, which you may withdraw at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy.
We use your personal information for legitimate interests, in order to act in compliance with our legal obligations and the requirements of our insurance policies. When processing
personal information to meet these legitimate interests, we balance these against the fundamental rights and freedoms of data subjects and put in place adequate safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected.
We may use or disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, including requests from Guernsey Police or other law enforcement officials.
Storage: All personal information shall be dealt with in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. We shall retain your personal information for a period of time which enables us to:
- Maintain adequate records of those who are, or have been using GPC ranges;
- Maintain adequate records of competence and sporting achievements;
- Maintain adequate membership records;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any complaints;
- Comply with legal obligations.
We will securely destroy and delete your personal information when it is no longer needed for these purposes.
Sharing of information: We may disclose your personal information if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order requires us to do so. We may also disclose your personal information without notice to you in the case of an accident, investigation of a suspected criminal offence, or to protect your safety or the safety of our range officers, range users, or the public.
We shall not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Your rights over personal information: You have rights regarding your personal information including: access, rectification, erasure and blocking, restriction of use, objection to use, data portability, and the lodgment of a claim or complaint to the Guernsey Data Protection Commissioner. We encourage you to contact us to update your information in the event that it changes or is inaccurate.
Contact: Please contact GPC Secretary: email@example.com to exercise any of these rights.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please tell us by emailing GPC Secretary at the email address above.